This fun, informative and interactive 12 hour English birth course taught by our fantastic
duo midwife and doula teams will help you prepare, make informed choices and feel confident about the birth of your baby. Our new improved 2020 course includes a free birth survival kit to take home especially for your birthing day.
Our unique combination of medical, psychological and practical knowledge provides a complete birth preparation package for you and your partner. Between us we have in-depth local experience of all of the hospitals and birthing centres across The Hague, Leiden, Zoetermeer, Delft and Rotterdam.
We know that pregnant couples giving birth away from their home country have a lot of questions about giving birth in Holland, and are often far from friends and family. Our courses are a wonderful mix of couples from all over the world and will give you a really good opportunity to get to know other parents-to-be in the area. Together you will be able to discuss and learn from each other and our experienced teachers about the joys and difficulties of becoming a new family far from home.
Consider joining a course in a different city if the dates suit you better. Make a day of it and spend a weekend or a relaxing evening out with dinner in historic Delft or amazing Rotterdam.
- Feel more comfortable with the Dutch system
- Understand the physiological process of birth
- Feel confident that you have tools that will help the normal birth process along
- Understand how hormones can be your friend in labour
- Feel comfortable with a range of positions you can use during labour and birth
- Identify how your environment impacts the birth process
- Discover how to reduce your anxiety and how to boost your confidence
- Massage tools to use during labour
- Connection, relaxation and breathing tips
- Useful practical tools for the birth partner
- Get tips on how to optimize the 1st hour of your baby’s life
- Receive all the tips and info you need to start writing a birth plan
- Discover when to go to the hospital
- Understand how induction works and how to optimize labour when induction is necessary
- Learn a range of coping strategies to optimize a medical birth
- Pain relief options
- Comfort measures for medical birth
- Learn about the various interventions that can be offered during birth and what to expect when they are necessary
- Tools to help you converse with your care provider about decisions that need to be made
- What you can expect with a cesarean birth
- Tips on how to optimize bonding and breastfeeding when a c-section is necessary
Course dates and locations
This course is given on the dates below from 10:00 – 16:30
- Saturday 21 March 2020 & Sunday 22 March 2020 - Delft
- Saturday 18 April 2020 & Sunday 19 April 2020 - Rotterdam
- Saturday 23 May 2020 & Sunday 24 May 2020 - Delft
- Saturday 20 June 2020 & Sunday 21 June 2020 - Delft